A Homeowner Policy will give you peace of mind knowing that your home and possessions are protected in the event of a loss. If you own a home or condominium, or if you rent your place of residence, contact your local independent agent to see if you are eligible for a Union Mutual of Vermont Companies Homeowner Policy.
The Homeowner Policy covers:
- Physical loss to your dwelling (i.e. fire, wind, theft, vandalism, to name a few)
- Physical loss to other structures on the premises where you reside that are used for personal use (i.e. garage, shed, barn, etc)
- Personal Property (i.e. furniture, appliances, clothing, etc.)
- Additional living expenses when your home is uninhabitable due to a covered loss
- Personal Liability coverage for accidental injury to others or damage to the property of others due to your negligence
- Medical Payments to non-household members due to an accident resulting in bodily injury
Union Mutual of Vermont Companies offer additional coverage's to tailor the Homeowner policy to your specific needs:
- Homeowners Elite Endorsement: Personal Injury Protection such as libel and slander, increased coverage for credit/debit card and counterfeit money and backup of sewers and drains are a few of the coverage's provided with this endorsement.
- Identity Fraud Expense Coverage: For a minimal charge, protect yourself in the event of identity theft and fraud. Coverage for expenses and lost income are included with this coverage.
- Scheduled Personal Property: Provides additional coverage for your valuable possessions, such as jewelry, furs, cameras, fine arts.
- Home Business - A business owned by you and operated from your residence premises may be eligible for coverage under our Home Business endorsement. This endorsement is added to your homeowner's policy, thereby eliminating the need for a separate policy to cover your business insurance needs.
Contact your local independent agent for more information about these and other coverages that we offer.
We offer a number of ways to save money on your insurance. Below are some of the discounts that we offer:
- Superior Home Discount: Available for homes in superior condition and constructed within the last 20 years. Homes constructed more than 20 years ago may be eligible if substantial renovations have been completed
- New Home Discount: Available for homes constructed within the last 25 years
- Deductible Credits: A higher deductible will lower your premium. There are several deductible options available, up to a maximum of $5,000
- Customer Loyalty Discount: A discount is given at each policy renewal for keeping your business with the Union Mutual Companies
- Protective Devices Credit: Savings for approved and properly maintained smoke detectors, fire alarms, burglar alarms, low temperature alarms, and sprinkler systems
- Home and Auto Discount: A discount is applied to your policy when both your home and auto policies are written with Union Mutual Companies (Automobile coverage offered in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine)
Contact your local independent agent about these and other discounts that you may be eligible for.