Union Mutual Announces Credit on all Personal Auto Policies
Union Mutual announces “Stay Home Stay Safe Credit” – a 15% premium credit on all personal auto policies. Union Mutual was founded on the promise of ‘neighbors helping neighbors,’ and our commitment to provide superior service to our policyholders and agents has never been stronger. We are here to help you through the COVID-19 pandemic. Union Mutual is committed to the safety and well-being of our employees, agency partners and policyholders, so that you may Live Life Well Protected.
We are, and will remain, as sympathetic to our insureds’ needs as possible for each individualized situation during this uncertain time. While we all work together to be good community stewards and abide by stay at home orders, we understand the financial burden many in our community face. It is in this light that we announce our “Stay Home Stay Safe Credit.”
Beginning the week of April 20th, we will apply a one-time ‘Stay Home Stay Safe Credit’ to all personal auto policies. The credit will be 15% of two months’ premium. Credit will either be applied to the next billing installment or issued as a check if the policy has been paid in full.
In addition to this immediate premium relief, we will be providing an overall rate decrease on our personal auto line later this spring. Because the decrease will apply at renewal, our Stay Home Stay Safe Credit is a way to provide much needed support to our shared customers now in addition to helping lower overall costs later in the year.
Union Mutual is a local company. Our staff is our family, our agents are our friends and our policyholders are our community. Our core values focus on sound judgement, integrity and deep relationships. We are dedicated to supporting the small business owners and families that are our customers and we thank them for standing by us. We are here for you now and we will be here when we’re through this, together.
To further help navigate the impacts of COVD-19, we have also implemented the following measures:
- Billing flexibility: If you are having trouble making payments, please contact our Customer Support department during normal business hours at 1-800-300-5261 ext. 721. Our billing services team will work with you to provide guidance on flexible payment plans and finding any available savings in your policy. Should you want to request changes to your policy, please contact your local independent agent.
- Policyholder Self-Service:
- Customer Portal: By creating an account through umv4me.com, you can access policy documents, pay your bill, submit a claim and/or send policy change requests to your agent. New as of April 1, Quick Bill Pay Now Available: Pay your bill online without creating an account or logging in.
- Going Paperless: For fast and easy policy delivery, you can elect to receive your documents electronically by contacting your local independent agent.
- Claims: We are increasing resources as necessary to accommodate any increased claim submissions and increased inquiries from consumers about policy coverage benefits. Claims may be submitted through normal channels: through your agent, by phone (1-800-300-5261 ext. 722), or through our website.
We are also proud to expand our robust charitable giving program to make a meaningful difference. Click here more on our Neighbors Helping Neighbors initiative, and follow us on Facebook for the latest updates. Please continue to heed local and national best practices as we all work together to stay safe and healthy. We wish you and your loved ones well, and we thank you for your business.
Additional local and national resources regarding COVID-19
State legal and regulatory changes contained in NY Executive Order 202.13 and 11 NYCRR 229 related to COVID-19 went into effect on March 29, 2020, and are available through June 6, 2020. A property/casualty policyholder that contacts our Company and demonstrates financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic is entitled to a grace period of 60 days during which: (1) the policy will not be cancelled, non-renewed, or conditionally renewed for non-payment; and (2) no late fees will be assessed. There will also be an the allowance of a 12 month period in which to pay premium payments that came due during the 60 day grace period. Contact us at 1-800-300-5261 ext. 721.
Executive Order 7S, issued on April 1, 2020, allows that a policyholder who contacts our Company and demonstrates financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic will be entitled to a grace period lasting through June 1, 2020, during which: (1) the policy will not be cancelled or non-renewed for nonpayment; and (2) no late fees will be assessed. This relief is only available on a policy where the initial premium payment has been made and which was in good standing as of March 12, 2020. Our Billing Team can be reached at 1-800-300-5261 ext. 721.