Union Mutual Companies is comprised of four insurance companies and one special purpose finance company:
- Union Mutual Fire Insurance Company was organized in 1874 in Montpelier, Vermont. As a mutual company, it has no shareholders and is “owned” by its policyholders. It is licensed to sell its insurance products in the states of Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New York.
- Community Mutual Insurance Company (CMIC) is an affiliate of Union Mutual. CMIC is a non-assessable advance premium co-operative insurance company licensed to sell insurance products in New York.
- Eastern Mutual Insurance Company, an affiliate of Union Mutual, was organized in 1855 as a fire insurance association and writes insurance in upstate New York. Eastern Mutual was originally formed in 1855 as a fire insurance association. Eastern operates as an assessment cooperative corporation licensed in the entire state of New York with the exception of the 5 boroughs of New York City.
- New England Guaranty Insurance Company, Inc. (NEG) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Union Mutual and is licensed to sell insurance products in Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New York.
- Union Guaranty Financial Services LLC is a wholly-owned specialty purpose finance subsidiary of Union Mutual.
Today the Union Mutual Companies are a regional property and casualty insurance carrier with a broad product base, serving families and small businesses throughout New England and New York