A Businessowners policy with Union Mutual helps you “live life well protected”
Our businessowners program combines property and liability coverage into one policy and can be offered for a variety of business classes. See the list to the right of eligible business classes. In addition to standard businessowners coverage, we also offer liquor liability and professional liability if eligible.
Shopping for a new policy? We may be able to save you money!
Union Mutual offers the following discounts, contact your agent today to receive a quote and to see if you may be eligible.
- Loyalty discount when you renew your business with our company after the first year.
- Companion Discount if business is written with commercial auto (available in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont)
- Large Account Discount if your policy premium is over $10,000.
- Discounts available for increased property deductible amounts (standard deductible is $500)
Ready to get started? Let's find you an agent.Start Looking
What’s included in a businessowners policy? Here are just a few of the basic coverage we provide:
- Replacement Cost coverage for Buildings & Owned Business Contents
- Loss of Business Income for up to 12 months
- Outdoor Property – Limited coverage up to $2,500 but no one item over $500
- $1,000 of Fire Department Service Charge Protection
- Debris Removal up to 25% of the direct physical loss
- $2,500 of Personal Property off Premises Protection
- $5,000 of Valuable Papers & Records and Accounts Receivable (on Premises) Protection
- $2,500 of Valuable Papers & Records and Accounts Receivable (off Premises) Protection
- Business Personal Property Limit – Seasonal Increase by 25% if insured at 100% value
- Equipment Breakdown
- Data Compromise
Enhancement endorsements may be available for increased coverage limits or extended perils coverage. Highlights include:
- Debris Removal up to $10,000
- Fire Department Service Charge up to $5,000
- Tenant’s Exterior Glass up to $3,000
- Ordinance or Law Coverage to include Undamaged Portion of Building, Demolition Cost and Increased Cost of Construction up to $25,000
- Personal Property Off Premises up to $10,000
- Valuable Papers & Records and Accounts Receivable (On Premises) up to $5,000
- Valuable Papers & Records and Accounts Receivable (Off Premises) up to $2,500
- Outdoor Signs up to $10,000
- Money and Securities up to $5,000 (On Premises)
- Money and Securities up to $2,500 (Off Premises)
- Breakage Coverage up to $5,000
- Back up of Sewer and Drains up to $5,000
- Temperature Change up to $10,000
- Fire Extinguisher Recharge Expense up to $1,500
- Arson Reward up to $5,000
- Lock Replacement up to $1,500
- Outdoor Property up to $5,000 but no one item over $250
- Enhanced Employee Dishonesty Coverage