“Live life well protected” with a homeowners policy through Union Mutual knowing your property and possessions are covered in the event of a loss.
If you own a home or condominium, or if you rent your place of residence, please contact your local independent agent to request a quote on a new homeowners policy.
Our homeowners policy covers:
- Physical loss to your house due to fire, wind, theft, vandalism, etc.
- Physical loss to other structures on the premises where you reside that are used for personal use (i.e. garage, shed, barn, etc.)
- Personal property (i.e. furniture, appliances, clothing, etc.)
- Additional living expenses when your home is uninhabitable due to a covered loss
- Personal liability coverage for accidental injury to others or damage to the property of others due to your negligence
- Medical payments to non-household members due to an accident resulting in bodily injury
Interested in saving money? We offer a range of discounts you may be eligible for:
- Smart Device Deductible Waiver: Have up to $2,500 of deductible waived if an installed smart home device fails at the time of a covered loss.
- Superior Home Discount: Available for 1 family homes in superior condition and constructed within the last 25 years.
- New Home Discount: Available for homes constructed within the last 15 years.
- Standing Seam Roof Credit: Discounts are available for homes with a standing seam roof that is 40 years old or newer.
- In-line Generator Credit: Homes equipped with generators that are permanently installed may be eligible for a credit.
- Deductible Credits: Several deductible options are available up to a maximum of $10,000.
- Customer Loyalty Discount: Discounts are given automatically on policy renewals when your policy renews with our Companies.
- Protective Devices Credit: Savings for approved and properly maintained fire alarms, burglar alarms, and sprinkler systems.
- Home and Auto Discount: A discount is applied to your policy when both your home and auto policies are written with Union Mutual Companies.
Additional coverage available for your specific needs:
- Homeowners Elite & Plus Endorsements: Enhancements to maximize your coverage needs including Personal Injury Protection such as libel and slander, increased coverage for credit/debit card and counterfeit money and backup of sewers and drains are examples of the coverage provided with this endorsement.
- Identity Fraud Expense Coverage: Protect yourself in the event of identity theft and fraud. Coverage for expenses and lost income are included.
- Scheduled Personal Property: Provides additional coverage for your valuable possessions, such as jewelry, furs, cameras, fine arts, and more.
- Home Business: A business owned by you and operated from your residential premises may be eligible for coverage under our Home Business endorsement. This endorsement is added to your homeowners policy, thereby eliminating the need for a separate policy to cover your business insurance needs.
- Secondary Home Coverage: Homes that are not your primary residence but are occupied on a regular basis and are accessible the entire year may be eligible for a homeowners policy.
- Seasonal Home Coverage: If you own a home that is seasonal (or unoccupied three or more consecutive months during any one-year period), you may be eligible for coverage under a ‘dwelling fire’ policy.
Our Companies offer several different bill pay plans that can be tailored to your needs. We also offer online payment options so that you can make your payment in the comfort of your home. Contact your local independent agent to request a quote with us or to inquire about coverage and discounts you may be eligible for.
Ready to get started? Let's find you an agent.Start Looking
So what type of homeowners policy is right for me?
We offer a variety of homeowners policy types to cover all types of home owners and renters including:
- HO-2 (Broad Form): Coverage for owner-occupants of dwellings. This type of policy provides coverage on a specified perils basis in addition to personal property on a named perils basis.
- HO-3 (Special Form): Coverage for owner-occupants of dwellings. This type of policy provides coverage to the dwelling and other structures on an open perils basis in addition to personal property on a named perils basis.
- HO-4 (Renters): Coverage designed for tenants of dwellings or apartments. This type of policy insures a tenant’s personal property on a named perils basis (no coverage to the dwelling is included)
- HO-5 (Comprehensive Form): Coverage for owner-occupants of dwellings. This type of policy provides the broadest coverage of all the homeowners forms – insuring the dwelling, other structures, and personal property on an open perils basis.
- HO-6 (Unit-Owners): Coverage designed for the owners of residential condominium units. This type of policy insures personal property on a named perils basis, with limited dwelling coverage.