Advanced protection with a variety of coverage options
A personal auto policy is essential as almost all states require motor vehicle owners to carry automobile insurance. Aside from state regulation, the financial impact of not having automobile insurance could be devastating.
Union Mutual offers personal auto insurance in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Contact your local independent agent for more information and to receive a free quote today.
A Personal Automobile Policy with Union Mutual covers:
- Liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage for which you are legally responsible.
- Medical Payments for bodily injury caused by an accident, to you or family members that reside with you.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage in the event that you or family members that reside with you are injured or your property is damaged due to a driver who does not have auto liability insurance.
- Underinsured Motorist coverage in the event that you or family members who reside with you are injured or your property is damaged.
Coverage for damage to your automobile includes*:
- Collision: Covers accidental loss to your insured vehicle due to a collision with another object (i.e. another vehicle, tree, etc.).
- Comprehensive: Covers accidental loss to your insured vehicle that is not caused by a collision (i.e. fire, theft, hail, etc.).
- Towing and Labor: Covers costs for labor performed and towing your vehicle when your vehicle becomes disabled.
- Rental Reimbursement: Covers costs to rent a vehicle if your insured vehicle is involved in an accident or is stolen. Comprehensive or Collision coverage must be provided by your policy.
*Coverage for damage to your automobile is optional
Ready to get started? Let's find you an agent.Start Looking
Vehicle Types Eligible for a Personal Auto Policy with our Company:
- Personal passenger autos (including vans/trucks not over 10,000 lbs)
- Customized autos
- Motor homes
- Recreational trailers/campers
- Utility trailers
- Horse trailers
Along with this, we offer endorsements to tailor the Automobile Policy to meet your specific needs. Contact your local independent agent for more information.
Interested in saving money? We offer discounts and credits!
We offer a number of ways to save money on your insurance. Below are some of the discounts and credits that we offer:
- Pay in Full Discount: Applied when policy is paid in full at the start of the policy period
- Advanced Shopper Discount: Applied when policies are quoted 7 or more calendar days before policy effective date
- Multi-Car Discount: Applied when more than one vehicle is insured on your policy
- Company Car Discount: An insured owner of one personal automobile is eligible for this discount if a non-owned company car is provided on a full-time basis
- Deductible Credits: Higher Collision and Comprehensive deductibles will lower your premium. There are many deductible options available, up to a maximum of $2,500
- Home and Auto Discount: A discount is applied to your policy when both your auto and home policies are written with Union Mutual Companies
- Customer Loyalty Discount: A discount is given at each policy renewal (renewal credit)
- Good Student Credit: Available for full time students under the age of 25 that meet certain academic criteria
- Driver Education Credit: Available for eligible youthful operators who have completed a Driver Education program
- Student Away at School Credit: Eligible students must be at least 100 miles away from home without a vehicle
- Auto Tiering: Flexibility for driver experience, driving record and multiple drivers on one policy
- Credits for vehicle safety features including: Anti-Theft, Anti-lock Braking & Passive Restraint (Seat-belts & Airbags)