Flood Insurance Program

Why Buy Flood Insurance?

  • Most homeowner policies do not cover flood damage.  Should you have Flood Insurance?
  • Get answers and learn about the National Flood Insurance Program here.
  • A quick test of whether your property is in a low, moderate or high risk zone, can be found at www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart/.

Flood Insurance Information:

  • Union Mutual is a Write-Your-Own provider of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) through our local independent agents, more information can be found in NFIP's brochure here.
  • For a listing of NFIP participating communities click www.fema.gov/fema/csb.shtm
  • To find a local Independent Agent representative in your area click here.


Changes to be effective October 1, 2009 for all new and renewal flood policies issued through the Union Mutual of Vermont Companies Write Your Own Flood program.

Effective October 1, 2009, the minimum deductible option will be increased to $1,000 for all flood policies issued through Union Mutual and the National Flood Service. All policies currently having a deductible of less than $1,000 will be automatically increased to the $1,000 deductible effective the next renewal date. If your home is in a Pre-Firm Special Flood Hazard Area, the standard deductible will automatically increase from the current minimum of $1,000 to a new minimum deductible of $2,000.

Anna - Communications

Anna Communications